PsychoPy encountered an unhandled internal error! on a movie stimulus and keyboard response task

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): MacOS Monterey V12.4
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2022.2.0
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: Y
What are you trying to achieve?: A simple demo task to test whether my 20 min videos can be played through Pavlovia.

What did you try to make it work?: I’ve created the task and got it to work on my computer. I then was able to upload an initial version to pavlovia. The data that was uploaded to GitLab didn’t reflect the data I wanted to be on GitLab, so I deleted that version of the task from pavlovia. In general the sync function worked, but I got a 403 Forbidden error when I went to run the task in Pilot mode.

I then put the single video stimulus in a folder on my desktop and replicated the task there (only a single movie stimulus and a keyboard response with ‘space’ as the primary key press). That worked locally, but then I started getting this error when I would go to save the psychopy build or sync it with Pavlovia (see below). I then did this several times and couldn’t get it to work. I then completely uninstalled PsychoPy from my computer and reinstalled it (since I had only recently installed earlier today). I tried again with a different directory and a from scratch build, but continued to get the error below. I finally made a different directory in my “Documents” folder and still continued to get the error. I tried deleting the .plist from preferences, but that didn’t work either.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
PsychoPy encountered an unhandled internal error! . . .

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 731, in fileOpen
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 1375, in getProject
AttributeError: ‘PosixPath’ object has no attribute ‘is_relative_to’

In general, I’m just trying the simplest version of this task right now and would like to get it working if possible. The video I’m using is 1.5 GB (already compressed). In the actual task, the build will select 3 out of 38 videos to present to a participant. I’m a bit concerned that this might be too much for Pavlovia to handle and to download quickly enough for my participants (likely undergrads on pavlovia with high speed university internet). I’d also appreciate any thoughts on whether psychoJS and pavlovia might be able to work for such a task. The actual task itself is very simple. Each participant would watch 3 videos and hit a space bar response at certain times. That’s it. Thank you for your time and help!