Unhandled Internal Error when trying to upload to Pavlovia

This is an existing project and I was able to push my builder onto Pavlovia without any problem until tonight. I have tried to undo some of the added components on my experiment and also pushed some dummy code to test but none of them worked.

PsychoPy version: v2021.1.2
Standard Standalone? (y/n) y
What are you trying to achieve?:
Currently, my experiment is divided into three parts:

1. Sound Calibration: hear a sample sound by mouse clicking on the picture icon - works only locally - could not push the most current version onto Pavlovia
  2. Screen Calibration: credit card scaling - currently works and worked when I previously pushed it to Pavlovia
  3. Main Experiment: currently works and worked when I previously pushed it to Pavlovia

What did you try to make it work?:
When I was working with the sound calibration I noted on several forums and the crib sheet that we can’t really use while loops and core.wait() in our code components in the builder. So I have worked around it to finally get it working in a loop that works locally but now I can’t seem to upload it into Pavlovia. I have upgraded Psychopy to the most recent version, restarted it, and tried reopening my code. Additionally, I tried to take out the sound calibration part completely from my flow just to see if that is the part causing the upload problem but now I can’t upload any of my previous code or any dummy code onto Pavlovia.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
When I press on sync with the web project it gives me the message that
PsychoPy encountered an unhandled internal error and below is the copied detail:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “urllib3/connection.pyc”, line 171, in _new_conn
File “urllib3/util/connection.pyc”, line 79, in create_connection
File “urllib3/util/connection.pyc”, line 69, in create_connection
socket.timeout: timed out

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “urllib3/connectionpool.pyc”, line 600, in urlopen
File “urllib3/connectionpool.pyc”, line 343, in _make_request
File “urllib3/connectionpool.pyc”, line 849, in _validate_conn
File “urllib3/connection.pyc”, line 314, in connect
File “urllib3/connection.pyc”, line 176, in _new_conn
urllib3.exceptions.ConnectTimeoutError: (<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x12d5b8ac8>, ‘Connection to gitlab.pavlovia.org timed out. (connect timeout=2)’)

File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/requests/adapters.py”, line 449, in send
File “urllib3/connectionpool.pyc”, line 638, in urlopen
File “urllib3/util/retry.pyc”, line 398, in increment
urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘/gitlab.pavlovia.org’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v4/user (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x12d5b8ac8>, ‘Connection to /gitlab.pavlovia.org timed out. (connect timeout=2)’))

File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 1326, in onPavloviaSync
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 1417, in project
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 1096, in getProject
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 108, in login
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 412, in setToken
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 437, in startSession
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/gitlab/init.py”, line 201, in auth
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/gitlab/init.py”, line 214, in _token_auth
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/gitlab/exceptions.py”, line 251, in wrapped_f
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/gitlab/mixins.py”, line 68, in get
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/gitlab/init.py”, line 532, in http_get
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/gitlab/init.py”, line 481, in http_request
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/requests/sessions.py”, line 646, in send
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/requests/adapters.py”, line 504, in send
requests.exceptions.ConnectTimeout: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘/gitlab.pavlovia.org’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v4/user (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x12d5b8ac8>, ‘Connection to /gitlab.pavlovia.org timed out. (connect timeout=2)’))

Any suggestion would help greatly
Thank you!

I just realize this problem may be related to the post that Jon just made about Pavlovia being currently down*

I hope things are okay on the developers end! Thank you all for the amazing work
and I will try again once Pavlovia is back up!

3 Likes