Problems with not moving on to the next routine

OS (e.g. Win10): Win 11
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v2023.1.2

Hi, I’m trying to create a self-paced reading task.

I typed Korean sentences in excel word by word. I have 30 routines in total to sequentially load the typed values in excel.
But after the first routine, it doesn’t move on to the next routine. There are no highlighted values in excel, or values typed in the same color as the background.

How can I solve this problem?
I attached the psychopy file I created and the excel file.

Thanks.

self-paced-task-GROUP A.xlsx (12.2 KB)
자기읽기조절과제(2).psyexp (36.1 KB)

Hi @anobd,

The issue here is that you have rows in your Excel file that contain blank cells. PsychoPy requires each cell in a row to contain data. A more typical set-up for self-paced reading tasks is to have one Excel file for each sentence, and then an outer loop that selects which of those sentences to present on a given trial.

To help show what I mean, I have modified your .psyexp file and included an example with three of your sentences (attached). Please note that I’ve only done this for a few of your sentences and repeated it for the second block of trials, but hopefully it will help to illustrate what I mean.

self_paced_reading.zip (37.6 KB)

Do let me know if you have further questions!

Kim

Thanks for the reply! I can see the next sentence, but I’m still not able to see the endText. I’m guessing it’s because the loop isn’t ending, but how can I fix this?

Thanks a lot. :grinning: