Problems with EMOTIV in Psychopy

PsychoPy version: v3.0

Hi all!
I have been trying to use EMOTIV Epoc+ components in Psychopy for my experiment. I have followed the steps explained here: [TUTORIAL] How to use EMOTIV components in PsychoPy for ERP Research - YouTube.
Hence, I have made the file called .emotiv_creds containing the client_secret and the client_id and saved it as instructed (the path to the file looks like this: C:\Users\Username\.emotiv_creds).
However, this error constantly occurs, preventing the experiment to run:

File “C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\FL PhD\Experiment\1.0\Experimental procedure - PsychoPy\Experimental procedure_lastrun.py”, line 87, in
cortex_obj = emotiv.Cortex(subject=expInfo[‘participant’])
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\hardware\emotiv.py”, line 71, in init
self.parse_client_id_file(file_path)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\hardware\emotiv.py”, line 257, in parse_client_id_file
with open(client_id_file_path, ‘r’) as client_id_file:
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘C:\Users\Username\.emotiv_creds’

Experiment ended.

I have read that this error is often related to python trying to open the folder instead of the file, but I don’t know how and where to resolve this problem within PsychoPy since I am new both in python and PsychoPy.

Thanks a lot for your help!

The issue is (I think) that it is trying to load a licence (?) file from C:\Users\Username.emotive_creds.

I suspect that your username isn’t Username, so you should check the location of your .emotiv_creds file.

Thank you for your response!
Yes, the file contains the “client secret” and the “client key”.
Yes, instead of the “Username”, there is the actual username so I think the location, or at least the path of the file location, should not be the problem.