Unable to connect PschoPy experiment with Emotiv: "line 289, in parse_client_id_file (key, val) = line.split(' ')"

Hello, hoping for some feedback on the following regarding psychopy - emotiv setup.

What are you trying to achieve?:

Attempting to connect a builder-based experiment with emotiv (to send markers to the EEG recording in emotiv software).

What did you try to make it work?:

I followed the video tutorial recommended; generated the client secret / ID and saved in home directory path, then ran the experiment containing the emotiv EEG components.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRoqGa4PoN8 “How to use EMOTIV components in PsychoPy for ERP Research”

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:

The following error returns and unsure of what it means?

File “C:\Users\Sign In\Desktop\Emotiv_Test_lastrun.py”, line 613, in
run(
File “C:\Users\Sign In\Desktop\Emotiv_Test_lastrun.py”, line 321, in run
cortex_obj = emotiv.Cortex(subject=expInfo[‘participant’])
File “C:\Users\Sign In\AppData\Roaming\psychopy3\packages\psychopy-emotiv\psychopy_emotiv\emotiv.py”, line 76, in init
client_id, client_secret = self.parse_client_id_file()
File “C:\Users\Sign In\AppData\Roaming\psychopy3\packages\psychopy-emotiv\psychopy_emotiv\emotiv.py”, line 289, in parse_client_id_file
(key, val) = line.split(’ ')
ValueError: too many values to unpack (expected 2)
################ Experiment ended with exit code 1 [pid:47920] #################

Look at the apostrophes in your split command. One is smart and one is dumb. They should both be dumb (simple).

Thank you for the feedback, with the corrected apostrophe, the same error returns.

File “C:\Users\Sign In\Desktop\Experiment\Experiments Files\Emotiv_Test_lastrun.py”, line 613, in
run(
File “C:\Users\Sign In\Desktop\Experiment\Experiments Files\Emotiv_Test_lastrun.py”, line 321, in run
cortex_obj = emotiv.Cortex(subject=expInfo[‘participant’])
File “C:\Users\Sign In\AppData\Roaming\psychopy3\packages\psychopy-emotiv\psychopy_emotiv\emotiv.py”, line 76, in init
client_id, client_secret = self.parse_client_id_file()
File “C:\Users\Sign In\AppData\Roaming\psychopy3\packages\psychopy-emotiv\psychopy_emotiv\emotiv.py”, line 289, in parse_client_id_file
(key, val) = line.split(’ ')
ValueError: too many values to unpack (expected 2)
################# Experiment ended with exit code 1 [pid:276] ##################

The apostrophe has not been corrected according to that error message. It’s possible that something is happening when you paste it so feel free to show a screenshot instead.

See screen shot. However, when the emotive components are disabled - the experiment works fine.

Sorry. In that case I’m stuck. I can see in the forum that @df467289 had a similar issue a couple of years ago but their post didn’t get a reply so I don’t know if they solved it.