Presenting experiment information on the screen

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

***I think I found the answer, PsychoPy Book, p.212, 213, and 214 :slight_smile:

macOS Mojave 10.14.5
PsychoPy version: v3.1.2
Standard Standalone? (y/n): Yes
Builder view

**What are you trying to achieve?:**I want to present experiment setting information (e.g. participant ID, experiment name, gender, DOB etc) on the screen. I mean I want my participant would see the whole information before starting to the experiment (like instruction screen). I would enter all the information in the box then they appear on the next screen.

What did you try to make it work?: I created a text routine and entered the same information on it (e.g. participant ID, experiment name, gender, dob etc) but it doesn’t show up. I think I cannot connect to experiment information with a text screen. I found something on the psychopy page (For example, if the Experiment Info included a field called ori then Builder Components could access expInfo[‘ori’] to retrieve the orientation set here) and add ‘ori’ on the experimental setting but did not work.

Could you help me with how I can connect both?

Thank you.
Zehra

**What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:**No, error message
Include pasted full error message if possible. “That didn’t work” is not enough information.

Hi Zehra,

Please find a minimal working example attached.

Hope this helps.

Jan

show_expInfo.psyexp (4.1 KB)

Hi Jan,
Thank you so much! It works now, and I got the logic behind! :slight_smile:
Best,
Zehra