psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Pavlovia Experiment won't run, but it works perfectly on PsychoPy

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): Windows 10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v2021.2.0
What are you trying to achieve?:

This is my first time using PsychoPy and Pavlovia to create an online Stroop experiment, which currently contains a practice trial with feedback followed by 2 experimental trials with no feedback. My experiment works perfectly on PsychoPy, but it won’t run at all on Pavlovia. This error message comes up after participants put in their name and click ok:

I have checked previous forums relating to this problem and the majority have recommended changing the excel file in some way. However, my excel files did not have any of the problems the other users were facing, so I am unsure of the reason behind this error message. I would really appreciate some help with this as I am new to coding and to using these platforms.

Here is the experiment link: Sign in · GitLab

Hello,

the error relates to the fact that Pavlovia can’t find your file Practice-Trials.csv. So check for spelling errors, capitalization aso. If this is ok, check whether your file is in your repository? If not, add the file via “Edit experimental settings → Online → Additional Resources”.

Best wishes Jens

Hello JensBoelte,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have already checked the format and spelling of this file, and everything seems ok. I also checked whether the file is in the repository and it is there. Do you know if there is anything else I can do?

Many thanks,
Ida

Hello Ida4,

at the moment I have not idea. The link you provided to your repository does not work. Either make your repository public and post that link or upload a toy-version of your experiment including the relevant files here.

Best wishes Jens

Hello JensBoelte,

Apologies for that. I have now made the repository public. This is the link to the experiment: STROOPTEST-FINAL [PsychoPy]

Hopefully that works.

Many thanks,
Ida

Hello Ida4

here my version of your experiment. I change a couple of things:

  1. one trial-routine instead of three using selected row-import (please check if did I it as intended)
  2. text-components instead of textbox-components
  3. edit to the text (e.g. block instead of trial)
  4. xlsx-file instead of csv-file (that is not important)
  5. no export to html-folder
  6. current version of PsychoPy (!!)
  7. new variable called cond (practice, block1, block2)
  8. there were some errors in the specifications of the allowed keys (at least according to my PsychoPy-version).

So, now it runs on-line, at least it did for me.

Stimuli.xlsx (11.5 KB)
STROOPTEST-FINAL.psyexp (57.0 KB)

If you do not define the pratice-trials as trials, no practice-columns will be added to the result-file.

Best wishes Jens

Hello JensBoelte,

The experiment now runs online. Thank you so much for your help!

Kind regards,
Ida4

You still need to do this step.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.