Pavlovia error when importing xlsx file

URL of experiment: Pavlovia

Description of the problem: I am working on a memory experiment and I should pull the words from an xlsx file. The experiment works properly on Psychopy but I face with this error (when importing condition: words.xlsx) on Pavlovia. The code creating the problem is below:

lists = new TrialHandler({
psychoJS: psychoJS,
nReps: 1, method: TrialHandler.Method.fullRANDOM,
extraInfo: null, originPath: (- 1),
trialList: ‘words.xlsx’,
seed: null, name: ‘lists’});

I appreciate any help!

What’s the error message?

Sorry if it was not clear. It is below.

"Unfortunately we encountered the following error:

• when importing condition: words.xlsx
  • when getting the value of resource: words.xlsx
  • unknown resource"

Try adding it under Experiment Settings / Online

OMG it worked! I do not know how to thank you!!

You’re welcome. For running PsychoPy experiments online, I’d recommend looking at my crib sheet.

I saw it very late but it helped a lot! Thank you for creating it. I share this document with everyone interested in running online experiments.

2 Likes

Hey guys, we are having the same problem but could not figure out where the Experiment Setting /Online located. Sorry we are newbies in Pavlovia!

Experiment Settings is in Builder and looks like a cog on a white window with a blue title bar to the right of monitor settings (two monitors).

Hi everyone! I am just starting my journey with PsychoPy and Pavlovia, so I am very new to this. I have encountered the same problem. The experiment file includes excel and images, and it works in PsychoPy (2022.2.5). But when I try to sync it with Pavlovia, the same error always appears. I followed your advice, but the error is still there :frowning:
Do you know any other way to fix this?