Pavlovia error message not visible

URL of experiment:
https://run.pavlovia.org/cslongman/spanish-vocabulary-learning-1/html/

Description of the problem:
The experiment works fine when run locally via Builder view of PsychoPy v3. When I run it on Pavlovia, I can see the first few screens (e.g., instructions), but when I hit space to start the first block I get an error message that I can’t see (it disappears too quickly to read) and then the screen freezes so I can’t move forward into the experiment.

The point at which the error message appears is the first trials loop, so I am guessing it has something to do with that. However, the fact that I can’t get past the final instructions screen makes me think that maybe the issue is with exiting this screen rather than initiating the first loop.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Cai

So, I have tried a few things now and still no joy…

1. I tried to upload it to Pavlovia again - same problem.

2. I tried to change the link to the trials data file so that PsychoPy looks in the resources folder instead of just its own folder - same problem.

3. I tried to catch the error message before it disappeared - no joy.

4. Then I tried to run it in Chrome instead of Firefox and I managed to catch the error mesage…

Does this help at all? I am still stuck and have no idea how to fix this.

Many thanks,

Cai

OK, I fixed it by following the advice in this thread…

1 Like

I just tried to add that to my crib sheet…and found it was already there.

Thanks @wakecarter.

I think the main issue was that I couldn’t see the error message so I didn’t know where to start. Once I got the message it was an easy enough fix.

Cai