Undefined error message when running study online 2.0

URL of experiment:

Description of the problem:

I know the same problem has been already discussed in the past, but I do not really understand the offered solution/ they might not apply one-to-one to my case. I have a study written in Psychopy 1.86 and am trying to make it run online on Pavlovia, uploading it with Psychopy 3. I managed to sync the program and everything seems to be online and synced correctly. However every time I try to pilot or run the study the one of the following two messages, either:

A) "We could not find a record for experiment designer: undefined
Please check the name and try again. If the error persists, contact Pavlovia’s administrator. "

or

B) 403 Forbidden nginx

As I am new to the platform and never used Pavlovia before I am a bit puzzled what to do and also cannot find a solution in earlier discussions. Any help would be really appreciated! =)

Best regards,
Massimo

Hi @massimo, would you please post the URL for the study so I can take a look?

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reaction. Yes, is this the URL you mean: https://pavlovia.org/HarryKnitter/st-iat ?

Best regards,
Massimo

Thanks @massimo, if this is your task repository then there is an issue with your html folder. It appears to contain the PsychoJS library, rather than the exported HTML/JS for your task. You need to export the html either using the sync button in Builder, or by going to the file menu and selecting “Export HTML”. Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks for looking into this. So if I understand correctly the js in my HTML folder is not correct?

I tried to generate a HTML folder but always get the following error message:

69.6410 ERROR Variables for allowKeys aren’t supported for JS yet:

The wrong folder which is uploaded at the moment is the result of an attempt using the sync button in Builder. I would assume it didn’t work that way initially for the same reason. However I am not sure what it means that allowKeys are not supported in the JS and how to work around this.

Best regards and thanks again for your help!
Massimo

1 Like

Hi @massimo,

this is probably not relevant for you anymore but in case someone else stumbles upon this thread:

The error 69.6410 ERROR Variables for allowKeys aren’t supported for JS yet: occurred in my task when I tried to read the Allowed keys $ of my Keyboard component from a column in my conditions file. When I entered they keys directly into the Allowed keys $ it worked fine.

I am not sure why this error comes up but maybe JS needs to know in advance which keys will be used (rather than reading them flexibly from the conditions file.

Best,
Lennart