Pavlovia Dashboard error when authenticating the user

Hey everyone,

I signed up for pavlovia yesterday to run my experiment online.

Logging in works. But when I move to the dashboard, I get the following error:

When I try to log into pavlovia in psychopy, I get the following error:

When I upload an experiment, a .js file and a .html file is created and the experiment gets uploaded to gitlab. So my account seems to work on gitlab but there somehow seems to be an issue with its connection to pavlovia.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and knows a solution?

Thanks a lot!

Tobias

Please could you try again now? If not, please read this thread and send details via email.

Is the username just numbers?

no there are no numbers in the user name. That’s also what an AI suggested as a possible cause for my problem yesterday. I even deleted my account and made a new one with the same email adress. Did not help. Neither the old nor the new username contain any numbers

We are seeing something similar in a UCD Dublin UG lab where students are being introduced to Pavlovia over the last couple of days - I’ve asked one of the demonstrators from the lab to add more details here but as I understand its a substantial proportion of the students

Hi I am a new user, registered today to Pavlovia and having the same issue “Error when Authenticating the designer”

Hi, I just created an account and I have the same problem.

Furthermore, when I try to log in my account on PsychoPy I get: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\ribbon.py”, line 787, in onClick
user = pavlovia.getCurrentSession().user
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 550, in user
self._user = User(self.gitlab.user.username)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 209, in init
‘email’: user.emails[0],
TypeError: ‘UserEmailManager’ object is not subscriptable.

I created my username without any numbers in it, therefore shouldn’t be that problem.

Dear all,

A recent update to the GitLab server created an issue on the Pavlovia back-end, which affected some users, depending on the fields present in their bio. I’ve now fixed the problem and you should be able to sign-in again.

With my apologies for the trouble!

Alain

Thanks so much for resolving the issue so quickly!