Pavlovia Blank Screen

URL of experiment:

https://pavlovia.org/run/viscoglab/test-version/html/

Description of the problem:
When I try to run the experiment, I just get a blank screen. I’ve tried running it on various computers and browsers (Chrome, Safari, and Firefox) and it’s always just a blank screen.

The error message in debugger is Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

I’m using PsychoPy v3.0.5 and created the experiment in the builder interface, but have some code elements throughout.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

I’m wondering if maybe the issue is because my code element is python. Could that be the reason?

Yes, you do need to convert Code Components into JavaScript syntax (note that’s different to Java). In the Code Component there’s now a control for you to show “both” so you can output Python for running locally and JS for the web version

I think this might be another case of mismatching filenames and experiment names, which was fixed in 3.0.6.

@jon Thanks for your response! I’m working on fixing that now. It’s my understanding that if I switch my code to JavaScript I’ll be able to run it on my laptop and make sure it works and then upload it successfully to pavlovia.org. Is that correct?

@dvbridges Would that mean I need to download 3.0.6? Or is there a way to troubleshoot the problem in 3.0.5?

No need to update your version, you can just make sure that the experiment name in experiment settings is identical to your psyexp filename. Currently, I think you have called your experiment “test” in the experiment settings “experiment name” field.

1 Like