psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Pavlovia Blank Screen

URL of experiment:

https://pavlovia.org/run/viscoglab/test-version/html/

Description of the problem:
When I try to run the experiment, I just get a blank screen. I’ve tried running it on various computers and browsers (Chrome, Safari, and Firefox) and it’s always just a blank screen.

The error message in debugger is Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

I’m using PsychoPy v3.0.5 and created the experiment in the builder interface, but have some code elements throughout.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Random number (Generate, display, & save)

I’m wondering if maybe the issue is because my code element is python. Could that be the reason?

0 Likes

Yes, you do need to convert Code Components into JavaScript syntax (note that’s different to Java). In the Code Component there’s now a control for you to show “both” so you can output Python for running locally and JS for the web version

0 Likes

I think this might be another case of mismatching filenames and experiment names, which was fixed in 3.0.6.

0 Likes

@jon Thanks for your response! I’m working on fixing that now. It’s my understanding that if I switch my code to JavaScript I’ll be able to run it on my laptop and make sure it works and then upload it successfully to pavlovia.org. Is that correct?

0 Likes

@dvbridges Would that mean I need to download 3.0.6? Or is there a way to troubleshoot the problem in 3.0.5?

0 Likes

No need to update your version, you can just make sure that the experiment name in experiment settings is identical to your psyexp filename. Currently, I think you have called your experiment “test” in the experiment settings “experiment name” field.

1 Like