Not able to run the experiment

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\runner\runner.py”, line 719, in onItemSelected
self.currentExperiment = self.loadExperiment()
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\runner\runner.py”, line 827, in loadExperiment
raise FileNotFoundError(“File not found: {}”.format(fileName))
FileNotFoundError: File not found: untitled.py

is the error message being shown on screen. however, the experiment has only 137 lines. i’m very new to psychopy please help.

Hi There,

The lines mentioned in the error messages refer to the lines in external scripts.

For a hypothetical example, I might use visual.Window() to make a window in my experiment, then if I call this class incorrectly I will get a traceback message refering to several .py files. One of these files could be visual.py - because my code meant that this script couldn’t be executed as expected.

In your case, this issue seems to be arising from runner.py and it looks like a file was not found. Is it possible that you selected the run icon in runner view before sending your code to runner? There are two run icons, the left will send to runner, the right will run the code immediately.

Hope this helps,
Becca

I’ve made an online experiment and has been collecting data. However, a lot of people are complaining of the error Unspecified JavaScript. Can you let me know why is it showing this error and also how to fix this issue?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Try running the experiment yourself with your browser’s JS console open and see if it gives you a more specific error message. In Chrome you can find the console under view → developer.