psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

My experiment does NOT work with 1.84.02 version on Win7?

Dear all,

My experiments ( includes sound, image, recording …) does not work with 1.84.02 version on Win7 (i.e, Python has stopped working) while it works with the same version on Win10. Similarly, this experiment works well with 1.83.04 version on Win 7 and 10. Also, other experiments work well with 1.84.02 version on Win7.

I don’t understand why this type of experiment cannot work with 1.84.02 version on Win7? I tried to remove elements step by step, but I could not find the problem. Also, I tried several computers and I got the same problem. It didn’t show an error message.

I have attached EIT experiment ( the one which fails to work) and one of those experiments ( GJT) which works with 1.84.02 version on Win7.Pre-EIT.psyexp (71.8 KB)
Pretesting-GJT.psyexp (42.1 KB)

I would be greatly grateful if someone could help me with it. I am late with collecting my data.

Many thanks

So you got to zero components in your experiment and it still didn’t work? Do the demos work on your computer where this “doesn’t work”. As I said already we can’t help you here until you help us narrow down the problem.

HI Jon,

Thank you so much for your email.

So you got to zero components in your experiment and it still didn’t work?

I kept removing routines to find out when it would work. The experiment has thee routines ( sound, pictures, recording) and What happened is the experiment works if I keep only one routine of the three. If I keep any two routines or more, the experiment does not work. I recorded my screen and I can send it to you if it may help.

Do the demos work on your computer where this “doesn’t work”. As I said already we can’t help you here until you help us narrow down the problem.

I don’t understand what demos exactly mean, but I think the video can make it clear.

I hope the problem has been narrowed down now.
Thank you again for your help.

Best,
Sami

The application has a menu called demos. If you go there once to unpack and then go again to try them out.

So it doesn’t matter which of the 3 routines you remove. You can remove any one of them and the experiment runs? Maybe you’ve just got hardly any memory in the computer? Then upgrading to win10 has pushed it to the edge of what it can handle? What sort of computer are you talking about?

You can certainly share the link to the video but I’m not hopeful that I can help.