mouseGaze: The simulated gaze position doesn't match the position of the mouse cursor

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2022.1
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: Yes

Hi guys,

I’m working on an eyetracking project with Tobii and mouseGaze function. I found that the simulated gaze doesn’t match the position of the mouse cursor after runnning the eyetracking demo, which can visualize the gaze position. When I move the mouse at the upper left corner of the screen, the position matches perfectly. However, after moving it toward bottom right, the simulated gaze shifts away from the mouse cursor regardless of running calibration compoment or not. The same happens in my own program.

I’m wondering if there are any solutions. If any further information is needed, please feel free to ask! Thank you!

Hi @yujia,

This could be due to the same issue occurring in this thread, which we are currently working on a fix for. It might be worth following that thread so that you will be updated when we have more information.

Thanks so much for flagging via the forum, it really helps us!

Kim

Hi @Kimberley_Dundas , thank you for the information! I will follow the thread you mentioned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Kimberley_Dundas ,

After changing the windows setting Display-Scale and Layout - Change the size of text, apps, and other items into 100%, the mapping functions perfectly now. The default value is larger than 100% because of the high resolution of the screen. Hope this information helps other people, too!

1 Like