Mouse click inaccurate position

OS (e.g. Win10): Monterey
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2022.1.2
Standard Standalone? (y/n) Y

I’m new to PsychoPy - i’m trying the simplest experiment: a mouse click over an image should play audio and then clicking another image should terminate the trial. The first image is at the (0,0) and i’m using a star from the polygon options, and the second one is at (-0.4, 0). The position of both images is correct when displayed; however, clicking over the star does not play the audio. The audio plays when the upper right corner is clicked. So the mouse event is not getting the same position as the monitor sets. The (0,0) for the mouse is moved to the upper right corner.

Are your images and mouse components both using the same units?

Is there anything else on screen (e.g. an editable text box) that might be getting in the way of a mouse response?

Have you tried a different computer?

Feel free to upload your psyexp file if you’d like me to see if I can replicate the issue.

Hello,

Are your images and mouse components both using the same units? I believe they are (I followed a tutorial I found online to start with PsychoPy).

Is there anything else on screen (e.g. an editable text box) that might be getting in the way of a mouse response? No, only 3 images. One to play the sound when clicked, and the other 2 to choose from after the sound plays, and moves to another set of images. All images appear in the set position.

Have you tried a different computer? *No, unfortunately I don’t have access to another system different than my Mac at this moment

Thanks! I’m attaching my psyexe file here!
animal_words.psyexp (26.2 KB)

On my Windows PC I can click on the middle of the star. I removed the image and sound components since I didn’t have the files.

However, I think it is a known Mac bug with 2022.1.1 which hasn’t yet been fixed.

Thanks.

Yes, I read the other user’s problem and notice that it is the same underlying problem. It is very unfortunate that this bug is still unresolved because it affects multiple “simple” components.