Link Qualtrics Survey to PsychoPy Experiment

Hello,

I’ve seen other threads on this topic, but I must be lacking the background knowledge to fully understand what to do.
I want to redirect individuals from a Qualtrics Survey to my experiment on Pavlovia, and also make sure that those individuals have an ID linking their Qualtrics responses to their responses in PsychoPy.

I am using Builder mode, and have little to no experience with Python coding.
Would someone be willing to walk me through how to do this? I know that there is a place where you embed a variable, but I do not know what to do in Qualtrics, and what to do in PsychoPy, if that makes sense.
I would truly appreciate any help!!

1 Like

Hi, just to confirm, you would like to only daisy chain from Qualtrics to Pavlovia right?

In order to do that, at your Qualtrics survey, at your survey flow, you need to add a new element and once you click on that, it will ask you “What do you want to add?”. You need to select “Embedded Data”. After that, it will ask you to “Create New Field of Choose From Dropdown…”. This is where you specify the demographics (e.g. ID, age, gender) that you are interested in. Once you are done, place this at the top of your survey flow.

To redirect to Pavlovia, you need to create a redirect link (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-options/survey-termination/). This page will show you how to do that.

When you are about to enter the website’s URL, your link should look like this run.pavlovia.org/yourUsername/nameOfYourExperiment/html/index.html?participant=${e://Field/participant}&gender=${e://Field/gender}&age=${e://Field/age} . Feel free to delete whichever demographics you do not need here.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What I do to link a Qualtrics response to PsychoPy data is set the ResponseID (select from Survey Metadata) as embedded data in Qualtrics and send that as the participant or session variable to PsychoPy.

However, this won’t work if you are running your experiment locally in Builder.

2 Likes

Hello! Thank you so much for the detailed instructions! I will go try this out now.

1 Like

Hello! If I understand correctly, I am not running the experiment locally on Builder–I am just using Builder to create my experiment. I plan on running it online on Pavlovia once I have finished setting things up.

1 Like