Lack of synchronization between flow and routines!

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): win 10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 23
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:standalone
**What are you trying to achieve?: buliding a triangles sorting test

**What did you try to make it work?: EVERYTHING !!

so, i dont have anyyy experience with PYTHON or coding. ive learned how to use the program in the minimal way possible just to build a very simple task. my problem is that PSYCHOPY itself is not working as it should - the flow and the routines are not synchronized, and i cant even press the routines button in order to edit them. i wish i knew how to explain more โ€ฆ i thought it has something to do with my firewall so i turned it off, and then i thought its because my system language is hebrew so i changed that - still, not working right.

Hey Sapir,
Which version of PsychoPy are you using? 2022.2.5/2023.1.1?
Can you please elaborate on what it means that your program isnโ€™t synchronized? Maybe add a video/images.
If, by any chance, youโ€™re working in a laboratory that is located at Bar-Ilan University, let me know :slight_smile:

Chen

hi ! just now got to read your email. Are you from Israel ? If so, could I explain the problem in hebrew?

ื‘ืชืืจื™ืš ื™ื•ื ื”ืณ, 13 ื‘ืืคืจืณ 2023, 16:39, ืžืืช Chen Brilling via PsychoPy โ€<notifications@psychopy.discoursemail.com>:

hi Chen :slight_smile: im using the 2022.2.5 version, but ive also triaed working with the latest (2023). im not sure what is the problem so its difficult for me to explain properly, but ill try to add a video. right now the situation is that i almost finished designing my task, saved it and exited the program - and now its crashing EVERY time im trying to run the experiment.

Hey Sapir,
Yes, I am from Israel :slight_smile:
If possible, I think itโ€™s better to speak English here, in case the information here will be helpful for future users.

Which error do you receive, if any?
Did you try running the experiment on another machine? Itโ€™ll help us narrow down the problem you are having.
If you can, share your experiment here. This way, we could know if itโ€™s a problem with the experiment or your machine.

Does PsychoPy\the experiment crash?

Here attached are some photos. I hope it will make it a little bit clearer๐Ÿ™ when I started building the experiment, I did it step by step by adding each routine separately by the order I wanted it to be. After closing the program and reopening the experiment the next day, the order of the routines has changed, and when I press the โ€œinstructionsโ€ button (in the flow area) it goes to the โ€œquestion 2โ€ rubric in the routines area. Also, the experiment itself crashes as mentioned (saying - Python isnโ€™t responding).
The whole program is sort of backwards - the flow goes from left to right and the routines go from right to left. i tried EVERYTHING including changing preferences and also changing the system language in my computer so everything should be in english, and deactivating my firewall. also, the writing in the error screen is backwards โ€ฆ

โ€ซื‘ืชืืจื™ืš ื™ื•ื ืืณ, 16 ื‘ืืคืจืณ 2023 ื‘-11:05 ืžืืช ืกืคื™ืจ ื›ื”ืŸ <โ€ชsc6296@gmail.comโ€ฌโ€>:โ€ฌ

This bug is very odd. I was talking with Sapir on private messages, and the software is completely backward:

A possible reason for it is that the default system language was set to Hebrew (Right to Left).

If anyone knows what is going on, help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

ืื– ืชื™ืงื•ืŸ ื˜ืขื•ืช - ื”ืชื•ื›ื ื” ืฉืขืœ ื”ืžื—ืฉื‘ ืฉืœื™ ื”ื™ื ื•ื•ื™ื ื“ื•ืก 10 ื•ื”ื™ื ืœื ืคื•ืขืœืช ื˜ื•ื‘, ืขืœ ืžื—ืฉื‘ ื‘ืื•ื ื™ื‘ืจืกื™ื˜ื” ืฉื‘ื• ื™ืฉ ื•ื•ื™ื ื“ื•ืก 11 - ื”ื™ื ืคื•ืขืœืช ื”ื™ื˜ื‘.

ื‘ืชืืจื™ืš ื™ื•ื ื’ืณ, 18 ื‘ืืคืจืณ 2023, 12:31, ืžืืช Chen Brilling via PsychoPy โ€<notifications@psychopy.discoursemail.com>:

ืขื“ื›ื•ืŸ ื—ื! ื”ื”ื’ื“ืจื” ื”ื™ื—ื™ื“ื” ื‘ืžื—ืฉื‘ ืฉืœื™ ืฉื ืฉืืจื” ืขืœ ืขื‘ืจื™ืช ื”ื™ื™ืชื” ื”ื‘ืขื™ื” ื›ื›ืœ ื”ื ืจืื”. ืฉื™ื ื™ืชื™ ืœืคื•ืจืžื˜ ืฉืœ ืื ื’ืœื™ืช, ื•ื”ืชื•ื›ื ื” ื ืคืชื—ื” ื•ื ืจืื™ืช ืชืงื™ื ื” ืžืžืฉ! ืืชื—ื™ืœ ืœื‘ื ื•ืช ืžื—ื“ืฉ ื•ืืขื“ื›ืŸ.
ืจืฆื™ืชื™ ืœื”ื•ื“ื•ืช ืœืš ืฉื•ื‘ ืขืœ ื”ืขื–ืจื” :pray:

ื‘ืชืืจื™ืš ื™ื•ื ื’ืณ, 18 ื‘ืืคืจืณ 2023, 12:32, ืžืืช ืกืคื™ืจ ื›ื”ืŸ โ€<sc6296@gmail.com>:

1 Like

Happy I could help :slight_smile:
Mind sharing the option that you switched from Hebrew to English in case other people face the same issue?