Keep receiving the warning message of 'Pychopy 3 error'

OS (e.g. Win10): macOs Catalina
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v2020.2.4

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
Hi, I am creating a reaction time study using psychopy. But I kept receiving the warning message titled ‘Pychopy 3 error’ from now and then. It’s a bit annoying while you trying to focus on the work, as every time I have to quit the program and reopened it. I wonder is it because of any bug related to the latest version? Is there any way that may solve this?

1 Like

Could you post the full error message? It’s usually the last few lines which are the most important as it tells us what file and line the error is in - it looks as though it’s something to do with creating the dialog box for a component, but without more info I couldn’t tell you what specifically is going wrong.

Here is the full message. Yes, it starts to show constantly after I close the info dialog and particularly the participant info, as I don’t want the dialog to show up in the online version. I learned that it might not be possible to close the participant info as it is related to the file name generation. But because I don’t want to cause any confusion to participants by inputting anything as the experiment begin, I currently set a default value of the participant info.
So the message occurs when I click on the setting tab, as I try to reset the dialog setting. but with this error, it doesn’t allow me to…

This looks like the same error which another user found the other day, I’ve pushed a fix out for the next version but you can use the same solution for a quick fix:

I have the same problem and got that error message. Also it cannot be synch to pavlovia