Error Message after changing the experiment information

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS Win11
PsychoPy version 2021.2.3
Standard Standalone? y
**What are you trying to achieve?: I tried to change the experiment info so that instead of having the field “participant” I called it “full name”, and once I do so, the experiment crashes when I try to run it locally. **

**What did you try to make it work?:

1. Tried manually deleting the "_lastrun.py. file, resaving the expermient and running it again.- Didn’t work
  2. Tried opening the python editor from the builder window and changing line 53 so that it doesn’t look for “participant” but instead looks for “full name”. If I do that, then when I click the run button on the editor window, it works, but then when I try to run it from the builder it gives the same message, and the new “_lastrun” file which is created shows that it is in fact still looking for the “participant” field, despite the fact that in the builder window when I open the “experiment settings” menu, the field that appears there is labelled as “full name”.
    Note: I copied this experiemnt from a previous template (opened the experiment in builder, clicked “save as” and saved it in a different path and gave it a new file name…**

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
I get the following error message in the console and the experiment crashes:
Hello from the pygame community. https://www.pygame.org/contribute.html
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\user\Documents\Lezl\Psychophysics experiments\StroopWithPracticeOnline\stroopTestWithPractice_lastrun.py”, line 53, in
filename = thisDir + os.sep + u’data/%s%s_%s’ % (expInfo[‘participant’], expName, expInfo[‘date’])
KeyError: ‘participant’

Experiment ended.

Just change the key in the “Data filename” field in Experiment Settings, too.

2 Likes