I can't use keyboard at all. Whenever I press a key, the psychopy crashed at once

I couldn’t press any key while the experiment is running, even if I didn’t add any keyboard component (I only used an image component but as long as I pressed a key, the all program crashed and become no response). Follows are my computer details and runner details.

PC : Macbook Air M2

OS (e.g. Win10): MacOs Ventura 13.3.1

PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2023.1.2

Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: Standard Standalone for macOS 2023.1.2

Details are as follow:

I only used an image component, but it still happens.

It looks like you’ve set the :image: Image to update during a :static: Static component which doesn’t exist anymore, try setting it’s “image” parameter to be constant, each repeat or each frame instead

Thank you for your reply! It seems that this is not the real problem. I changed my keyboard language to English and now the problem has been solved.

Hi, I’m also strugling for the keyboard language problem for a period. Today I’m lucky to know that you can click the gear icon to go to input and change the “keyboard backend” to the “pyglet” or “psychtoolbox”, then the application won’t be crashed. Hope this would be helpful to you.