psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

How to use mTurk for recruiting

HI all,
Just wondering whether there is a step-by-step guide or some instructions on how to link Pavlovia with mTurk. I read that normally mTurk needs to pass certain parameters to the external site to ensure payment can be processed etc.
How does this work in practice?
THanks
Marc

The general instructions are here:
https://www.psychopy.org/online/onlineParticipants.html#recruitingonline
with specific instructions for Prolific Academic and Sona there as well. I’m afraid I don’t have an MTurk account to test or create screenshots, but I believe the concepts are the same as above.

@Marc_Buehner

I’ve run 3 PsychoPy experiments on MTurk in the past couple weeks. It’s a simple as selecting the Survey Link option and pasting the URL into the link box. It seemed to run smoothly for me.

Hope it works out!

1 Like

HI @unagi_pie. Sorry about the belated response. I only had a chance to try this now.
Silly question: I have some code that generates a UUID that I can use to identify subjects and pay them. Subjects then have to copy that and paste it into mTurk to get paid.
But how can I make it paste-able – i.e. on my experiment when the UUID is shown on the screen I cannot select any text
THANKS!

@unagi_pie: How do you administer payment for your turkers? Usual practice is to have a randomly generated ID that they copy and paste to show they have completed the experiment.
But you cannot copy text from JS

For most systems you can use the script itself to forward a variable as part of the on-completion URL, as described in my instructions linked above