How to provide simultaneous feedback?

Hi,

What are you trying to achieve?

I am trying to provide accuracy and reaction time feedback for participants, using code components in builder view. I would like the feedback messages to appear underneath the images the participants are being asked to respond to. So while the feedback is being given e.g. “error” if answer is inaccurate and “too slow” if their reaction time is longer than 3 seconds, both the target image and two text categories also remain on the screen.

What did you try to make it work?:
I have tried including a code component in the same routine as the text and image stimuli and setting the feedback to ‘set every repeat’ or ‘set every frame’. However, this just results in either the feedback messages remaining on the screen for the whole block of trials, or just not appearing at all.

The code component I used successfully provided feedback when placed in a new routine, but in the same loop as the trials (as in the extendedStroop demo). So I think the issue may lie in me being unsure where to place the code when in the same routine as the stimuli.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
No error messages were produced.

Could anyone please advise on how to achieve this?
Thank you in advance
Amy

Hi Amy,

It doesn’t need to be in the same routine - you could just use the feedback routine as in the Enhanced Stroop task and have an image component above the text. Since you’ll be in the same iteration of the loop as in the trial the right image will appear. If you don’t want it to ‘appear’ just set the start time to 0.

Best wishes,

Oliver

Hi Oli,

That worked great!

Thanks for your time.

Amy

1 Like