Help with messy data output on excel

OS (e.g. Win10): Windows 11
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v2023.2.1

Hi there,

I was hoping to get some help with making my excel output look cleaner. I created a memory experiment where participants examine faces and occupation terms, and then have to recognize them in 2 trial blocks. They do this procedure twice (encoding phase 2x, and then 2 trial blocks 2x). The problem I am having is my excel output is reading the block instructions in almost every line on the output, resulting in the data looking messy.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet (this link shows screenshots of the flow of the experiment on psychopy and which excel sheet seems to be causing the problem. Since I am new to the forum I can only post 2 screenshots per post.)

These are the screenshots of the flow of the trial blocks. They are given the instructions for recognition test 1 at the “block 1” mark, then recognition test 2 at the block “2” mark. This is how the output looks on excel:

As you can see, the instructions are being pasted multiple times for some reason, when I only wanted it to show at the beginning of each block. The instructions are also scattered across different rows on the output, resulting in the output looking very messy and almost unreadable. I should note that when doing the experiment itself, I only see the instructions at the beginning of the block (as expected). Any help on this would be appreciated.

To try and solve the issue, I ticked off the Is Trials box for where the block instructions are being read, but the instructions still show up in the output. If you require more screenshots or info, please let me know. I can also send over the files if that would be more helpful to someone trying to troubleshoot.

Thank you