Eyelink 1000 edf file not saved on display computer (where psychopy is)

OS (e.g. Win10): win 10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2021.2.3
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: y

i made an eyetracking task in builder, it ran, hdf5 file saved in ./data, EXPFILE.edf saved on host computer, but i don’t find EXPFILE.edf on display/local/experiment computer in . i think that’s expected behavior, if i understand correctly that

copy edf file from host to display

and

i never saw this message

in runner

that was called by

i was looking at the “wrong” file on github, was linking versions/eyetracker.py at master · psychopy/versions · GitHub

not psychopy/eyetracker.py at release · psychopy/psychopy · GitHub

^ says edf file will saved on host in ‘./data’

but yeah i don’t get edf file on host anywhere

Thank you for reporting the issue. .edf file transfer to the display PC seems to be broken for Builder experiments. Testing a Coder demo, like demos/coder/iohub/eyetracking/simple.py with the tracker set to 'eyelink' does seem to work.

Will report more when I’ve figured out what is going wrong when using Builder…

The issue seems to be that the Builder generated script is not explicitly closing the connection at the end of the experiment so in the case of eyelink, the .edf file is not transfered.

As a short term fix, add a line of custom code to the end of your experiment to close the eyelink connection and transfer tthe file:

eyetracker.setConnectionState(False)

The .edf file should be saved to your experiment data directory with the same name as your other data files, but with the .edf ending.

Thanks again

1 Like