Experiment won't run. Stops after instructions

Windows 10 64-bit
PsychoPy 2020.2.6
Standard Standalone

What are you trying to achieve?:

I am trying to get my experiment (files available here) to produce repeated trials in the order of video -> pause -> image.

What did you try to make it work?:

I loaded a conditions file with every trial as an individual row, each of which has a pair of video and image file paths associate with the conditions specific to that trial.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:

The initial instruction section of the experiment runs fine. This section includes one sample video and one sample image to orient participants. But as soon as the final routine in the instructions is over, the experiment simply closes. Experiment Runner provides the message “Alert 2115:Your stimulus size exceeds the Y dimension of your window. For further info see https://psychopy.org/alerts/2115.html
I can’t figure out why I’m getting this message, because all of the settings for videos and images are the same in the trial loop as in the instructions.

I assume I’m doing something wrong in my conditions.xlsx file or in my experiment settings, but I can’t for the life of me figure out what.

Hi Benjamin,

I can’t run your task without a running search and replace on your input file (tip: use relative instead of absolute paths), but I noticed that some of your component properties were set to “constant” instead of “set every repeat” (basically, whenever you use $something you need “set every repeat”).

Hope this helps.

Jan

Jan,

Thank you for that feedback. I’ve corrected both of those elements and am unfortunately getting the same responses. The linked above files are now corrected as well.

Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

There were still some absolute paths in your instructions, which I corrected. Also, the path to the input file was not correct. Finally, to specify a relative path, use ./ChoiceC/... or just ChoiceC/....

The attached version runs for a few trials (but then quits and complains that it can’t find specific files - note that you have only jpg’s in your Excel input file, but your actual files have different extensions).

Jan

ExpTwo.psyexp (164.8 KB)
conditions.xlsx (92.0 KB)