Experiment ended with code -11

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. macOS Ventura 13.0):
PsychoPy version (2022.2.5):
Standard Standalone? (y) If not then what?:
What are you trying to achieve?: Hi everyone! :grin:
I have a problem with my experiment. I have a brunched experiment that shows a video if participants choose a certain gamble. If they do not choose to accept the gamble then the routine with the video is skipped. While the experiment runs fine if participants accept the gamble and the video routine is presented, when they choose not to gamble and thus skip the video routine then the experiment crashes.

What did you try to make it work?: I made a loop around the video routine with nReps based on a code component at the end of the previous routine. Specifically if participants chose to accept the gamble then nReps = 1 whether if they chose to reject the gamble nReps = 0. All this is wrapped around in an outer loop that resembles the basic trial.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?: If participants choose to accept the gamble and thus the video to be presented then the experiment works fine. If they choose to decline the gamble and thus the video routine to be skipped when the outer loop comes to an end the experiment crashes with the message “experiment ended with exit code -11”. The pseudo loop to skip the video routine works fine because if i try to wrap it around another routine (e.g. feedback) works fine. Thus i am assuming not projecting the video causes psychopy to crash? Does anyone know why this is happening ?
Thank you for your help!

Hi @Anastasios_D,

Could you please paste the error messages that are appearing before the exit code -11 (even if there’s a lot!)

Thanks,

Kim

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply. I have changed the setup of the experiment to use pictures with different opacity to get a similar stimuli, instead of using videos and i do not get the exit code -11.
But thank you very much for your time and consideration!

Anastasios

1 Like