Error when uploading participant's results (but data are saved)

URL of experiment: Pavlovia

Description of the problem:

In the last days some (not all) of the participants in my study are complaining that they receive errors at the end of the experiment. Here’s the error description one of them gave me:

“Unfortunately we encountered the following error - when uploading participant’s results for experiment: valsecchimat/etpe3 Syntax Error: Unexpected token ‘<’, Try to run the experiment again. If the error persists, contact the experiment designer”

Oddly, the data of the participants were stored (notice that my setting for saving incomplete datasets is off). One participant in particular followed the instructions in the error message and restarted the experiment. The second time he/she got no error (and I can see both datasets saved), so it does not appear that the problem resides in the script itself or in the datafile name format.

I was wondering whether there might be problems with the server because I also experience pretty long delays when downloading the datasets from Pavlovia.

Thanks a lot,

Matteo

1 Like

A small update, today one participant reported getting an error that said “when flushing participants logs for experiement: etc.” Again the data were saved.

Hi, a few participants reported a similar issue in the last few days, but I didn’t log exact error messages or times. This morning, I am unable to access some parts of gitlab and there may be an issue starting experiments. I will update the newer thread if I learn more.