Connection between PsychoPy and Pavlovia disrupted

OS (Mac 12.6):
PsychoPy version (2021.2.3):
I have in Pavlovia my Experiment running. Now I found a typo and want to correct it. Unfortunately, the connection between PsychoPy and Pavlovia broke. I still get my data via search projects online and sync.
However I can’t change anything online as PsychoPy always asks about recreating the object. But I don’t want this.
How can I connect both again?
Only changing the excel-file in gitlab doesn’t help.

I don’t want to change to the newer version, as the experiment doesn’t run on it without changing it.

is there any solution? I have the same problem in 2022.2.4.

The solution is to sync the online files to a new folder (by searching for the online experiment in Builder as if you were syncing someone else’s project) and then make changes there.

If it happens again then try to work out why you are losing the connection (e.g. is there something odd about the local folder?)

there is for a few hours everything ok. After this I loose the connection and delete all git-folders and start new. However, it is really annoying.

I have the problem with already 5 different experiments. In version 2021 and 2022.

Where are your local copies stored? Is it something like a OneDrive or Google Drive?

Are you getting an error message or just a prompt to create a new project? That should only happen if the .git folder is inaccessible or doesn’t match the experiment.

Do you have more that one experiment in the same folder?

I save my data locally on my hard drive.
All data get automatically synced to sciebo. It is a university cloud for North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.

I never change the git files manually. Mostly, I get no error message. I only see that my changes doesn’t reach pavlovia. In they are however visible. Rarely psychopy says, it can’t find the project 234567.

This might be the cause of the issue.

I do it since years like this. Only this semester I have this problem.

When I first started using Pavlovia I had this problem when using files saved on a Google Drive. Then I discovered other people with the same problem using OneDrive. With more recent versions I’ve found that Google Drive works, but maybe fixing the issue for some types of version control has broken it for others. I’m not an expert on this, but I think it would be worth you seeing if you still have the problem with adrive that doesn’t get backed up.