Trouble syncing PsychoPy Experiment to Pavlovia

Hello! I am using MacOS Ventura 13.0 and I am using PsychoPy Builder v2022.2.4. I’ve developed some experiments on the PsychoPy builder, but while attempting to sync them to Pavlovia using the “Sync with web project” button, this is the error I receive:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/exceptions.py”, line 304, in wrapped_f
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/mixins.py”, line 112, in get
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/client.py”, line 662, in http_get
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/client.py”, line 628, in http_request
gitlab.exceptions.GitlabHttpError: 404: 404 Project Not Found

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 663, in project
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/v4/objects/projects.py”, line 782, in get
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/exceptions.py”, line 306, in wrapped_f
gitlab.exceptions.GitlabGetError: 404: 404 Project Not Found

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 1374, in onPavloviaSync
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/pavlovia_ui/project.py”, line 743, in syncProject
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 746, in localRoot
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 666, in project
KeyError: ‘Could not find GitLab project with id 259377.’

I’m not very sure what to do as this error pops up as soon as I press the sync button. Is there any advice on how to get my experiment online? The PsychoPy information does not seem to provide any information about this issue.

Does this thread help?

Hi! The thread seems to be talking about the same issue, but I cannot find the projects.json file or pavlovia folder. Any idea where to find this?

Did you manage to follow this step?

Themes → Open Themes Folder and then go up one folder,

Yikes, I’m having trouble finding that folder too. I’m sorry, I am still very new to all of this so I’m not sure where to find the themes folder on a Mac. I googled it but nothing seemed to come up? I’ve never uploaded a PsychoPy project to Pavlovia before so I have little idea where to find anything.

What happens if you follow the menu items in this image?

I found it and deleted the file! Here’s what the pavlovia folder looks like now:

However, I still got this error code when I tried to sync it, which is similar to the issue I had before:

File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/exceptions.py”, line 304, in wrapped_f
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/mixins.py”, line 112, in get
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/client.py”, line 662, in http_get
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/client.py”, line 628, in http_request
gitlab.exceptions.GitlabHttpError: 404: 404 Project Not Found

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 663, in project
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/v4/objects/projects.py”, line 782, in get
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/gitlab/exceptions.py”, line 306, in wrapped_f
gitlab.exceptions.GitlabGetError: 404: 404 Project Not Found

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 1374, in onPavloviaSync
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/pavlovia_ui/project.py”, line 743, in syncProject
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 746, in localRoot
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 666, in project
KeyError: ‘Could not find GitLab project with id 259377.’

I’m sorry to be such a hassle, but thank you so much for your help so far!

This error was popping up a lot so we’ve made some changes in version 2022.2.5 which should fix this for most cases! Try installing the latest version and giving this another go, then let us know if you’re still getting this error.

I’ve updated and I’m not getting the same error anymore! Now I’m getting a different one, but I checked the forum to see if there’s a solution and I did not find one. Here is the new error message showing up:

File “/Volumes/PsychoPy-2022.2.5/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 1374, in onPavloviaSync
File “/Volumes/PsychoPy-2022.2.5/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/pavlovia_ui/project.py”, line 791, in syncProject
File “/Volumes/PsychoPy-2022.2.5/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/pavlovia_ui/functions.py”, line 117, in showCommitDialog
File “/Volumes/PsychoPy-2022.2.5/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 1170, in commit
File “/Volumes/PsychoPy-2022.2.5/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/git/repo/base.py”, line 181, in init
git.exc.InvalidGitRepositoryError: /Users/parthnakirikanti/Desktop/CPT-IP Number Block

It isn’t a good idea to have experiments sync from your desktop. Please could you try a folder in your documents area instead?

It worked!! Thank you so much for your help! This is my first time conducting an experiment with PsychoPy and I’m not very tech savvy so you have been a massive help!