Conditions file not found for staircase experiment

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): macOS Big Sur 11.2.3
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2020 2.1
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:
What are you trying to achieve?: I am trying to import an excel file to run an adaptive staircase experiment. I typed the terms in the exact same way as in the youtube tutorial by Yenti de Kloe, and saved as xlsx format. psychopy still displays a ‘‘no parameters set (conditionsFile not found)’’ message error. loading excel files works for other experiments.

What did you try to make it work?: I tried saving the psychopy file and excel file in another folder, made several copies of the excel file

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
Include pasted full error message if possible. “That didn’t work” is not enough information.
‘‘no parameters set (conditionsFile not found)’’

Hi There sounds like you might need a dollar sign at the start of the field?

$conditionsFile

I am experiencing the same problem. I followed the instructions line by line to loop over blocks of trials, and in the inner loop I get the same notice in red

‘‘no parameters set (conditionsFile not found)’’

I never specified a variable conditionsFile

OS (e.g. Win10): macOS Monterey 12.6
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2022 2.5
Standard Standalone? (y/n) y

Evidently, this bug is still around. I have a staircase within another loop, and get a “KeyError: ‘conditionsFile’” error when I try to edit the staircase parameters after creating it. Experiment works fine, but this looks like a bug, as there is not a conditions file for the staircase option.