Commit dialogue not opening

Hi,

I’ve come back to psychopy in order to tweak a previous paradigm and run it online. I made a copy of the folder which housed the old paradigm, renamed the folder and .psyexp file, deleted the html, .git folders and the gitignore file. Then I tweaked the experiment, saved, and hit sync.

Unfortunately nothing happens. The error I’m getting in the Runner View is this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py", line 2290, in onPavloviaSync
    retVal = pavlovia_ui.syncProject(parent=self, project=self.project)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py", line 532, in syncProject
    infoStream=syncFrame)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\functions.py", line 96, in showCommitDialog
    changeDict, changeList = project.getChanges()
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py", line 897, in getChanges
    changeDict['untracked'] = self.repo.untracked_files
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\repo\base.py", line 662, in untracked_files
    return self._get_untracked_files()
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\repo\base.py", line 688, in _get_untracked_files
    finalize_process(proc)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\util.py", line 333, in finalize_process
    proc.wait(**kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py", line 415, in wait
    raise GitCommandError(self.args, status, errstr)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd('C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\MinGit\cmd\git.exe') failed due to: exit code(128)
  cmdline: C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\MinGit\cmd\git.exe status --porcelain --untracked-files
  stderr: 'error: object file .git/objects/8f/eb80f4e669785f0250638c8edc1482c23d55b6 is empty
fatal: loose object 8feb80f4e669785f0250638c8edc1482c23d55b6 (stored in .git/objects/8f/eb80f4e669785f0250638c8edc1482c23d55b6) is corrupt

I was expecting it to ask me to create a project on pavlovia and then sync but this doesn’t happen. As mentioned, I’ve deleted the html and git folders, so there shouldn’t be a clash with the old project. Clicking sync does create a new html folder, but that’s as far as it goes.

Edit: running version 2020.1.3

Help appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony

After a day of it not working yesterday, I logged on today and it worked. I didn’t do anything different but hey I guess the old “turn it off and on again” solution is often the best!

1 Like