Cedrus Button Box - "no attribute" error

I am trying to get a simple GO NO-GO task to work using a Cedrus RB-740 button box. However, I canā€™t seem to get the button box to work - I get the following error message when I attempt to run the experiment:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œD:\Google Drive\Startle\Tasks\GoNoGo\GNG PsycoPy\GNG 17.5.20-Test.pyā€, line 375, in
if ResponseBox.status == STARTED and t >= frameRemains:
File ā€œC:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\pyxid\pyxid_impl.pyā€, line 433, in getattr
return getattr(self._impl, attrname)
AttributeError: ā€˜ResponseDeviceā€™ object has no attribute ā€˜statusā€™

I have read several threads on getting these button boxes to work, but none of the solutions Iā€™ve come across have worked. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Iā€™m fairly new to Psychopy - but am motivated to learn!

OS Win 10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 1.85.1
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: y

@Mattprice Were you able to solve this problem? I am getting the same error message (AttributeError: ā€˜ResponseDeviceā€™ object has no attribute ā€˜statusā€™) but havenā€™t been able to find a solution. Thanks!

For anyone stumbling upon this later:

I had the same issue and was able to resolve it by modifying the pyxid definition to include a status attribute. Seems like the development team probably had a pre-release of pyxid :wink:

Drop this modified version into your site-packages (C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\pyxid\pyxid_impl.py in the original post)

pyxid_impl.py (14.1 KB)

2 Likes

Any idea where this files lives on Mac? I have the same error and would like to see if this workaround can resolve it. Thanks.

Yup! On a Mac, assuming you used the standard bundled install image lives at:

/Applications/PsychoPy2.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/pyxid

To get there, you can open finder, press Cmd+Shift+G, and paste this path. If you want to get there through the graphical interface, go to /Applications, right click on PsychPy2 and select ā€œShow contentsā€, then follow the rest of the path.

edit: I originally did this fix on a mac, so you should be good to go.

1 Like

It worked! Thank you for your help. This fix took me over two months!

Thank you! This also did the trick for me. Canā€™t thank you enough!!

Replacing this file worked for me too. Iā€™m using 1.85.1

I am also trying to install a response box, once this modified version is installed (on a Mac), should it simply be plug and play? or is there code also required? Thanks