Can't sync or upload experiment form Psychopy

Win 10
v2022.1.3
Standard Standalone

I am trying to upload my experiment to pavlovia via the in-software tool, and every time I attempt this I am asked to name the project, state the Project folder, and upon clicking OK a window pops up that says “Syncing project…” and immediately becomes unresponsive.

I have reinstalled Psychopy 3 times on different computers on the server, followed the that includes removing the .git folder and any local app data (%APPDATA%/psychopy3), and made another experiment file all together with only a text module. None of these resulted in a different result (Psychopy always becomes unresponsive and crashes).

There is no error message, it simply crashes.

Have you tried looking at the log file after a crash? It’s in the same folder as the local app files - sometimes when an error forces PsychoPy to exit that error is still written to the log file even when it doesn’t reach the usual error handlers.

Thanks, I hadn’t checked there! This is all it could generate:

pygame 2.1.0 (SDL 2.0.16, Python 3.8.10)
Hello from the pygame community. Contribute - pygame wiki
PTB-INFO: Using modified PortAudio V19.7.0-devel, revision unknown
0.1479 DEBUG Opening message catalog C:\Users\User13498\AppData\Local\Programs\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\localization…\app\locale\en_GB\LC_MESSAGE\messages.mo for locale en_GB
0.1480 DEBUG Locale for ‘en_GB’ not found. Using default.
6.6321 INFO Loaded SoundDevice with PortAudio V19.7.0-devel, revision 147dd722548358763a8b649b3e4b41dfffbcfbb6
6.6322 INFO sound is using audioLib: sounddevice
6.6322 WARNING We strongly recommend you activate the PTB sound engine in PsychoPy prefs as the preferred audio engine. Its timing is vastly superior. Your prefs are currently set to use [‘sounddevice’, ‘PTB’, ‘pyo’, ‘pygame’] (in that order).
8.3420 WARNING image was set to update during ISI_load_images Static Component, but that component no longer exists
8.3421 WARNING image was set to update during ISI_load_images Static Component, but that component no longer exists
8.3421 WARNING image was set to update during ISI_load_images Static Component, but that component no longer exists
8.4086 DEBUG PavloviaLoggedIn
Generating PsychoJS script…

29.5981 INFO OAuthBrowser.onNewURL: about:blank
30.1631 INFO OAuthBrowser.onNewURL: Sign in · GitLab

So it looks like it’s logging in successfully, but then failing while writing the JS file… Those warnings before referring to deleted :static: Static components, I wonder if it’s that dead reference which causes the write to fail - what happens if you go to those components and change their update parameter?

The thing is, I never used a Static component in any of my test runs. Currently I am just trying to upload a new experiment, with solely a text component. It still encounters the error. I added a Static component and tried to alter the update parameter, but the program still crashes and the log is identical. However, I tried the same thing on my personal laptop, and it worked flawlessly.

Is the new experiment in the same folder as the old one? If so then they’re in the same project - when you sync to pavlovia, you sync the whole project, not just the experiment file, as it will need things like stimulus files and tables for loops. Do you still get this error in an entirely new project?