Can not locate image

Hello

I created a DRL task, it worked fine 2 years ago. However, when stimuli is required to load, PsychoPy cannot find file. Please help

Message in the runner
4.2322 WARNING We strongly recommend you activate the PTB sound engine in PsychoPy prefs as the preferred audio engine. Its timing is vastly superior. Your prefs are currently set to use [‘sounddevice’, ‘PTB’, ‘pyo’, ‘pygame’] (in that order).
Traceback (most recent call last):
9.0959 WARNING User requested fullscreen with size [1024 768], but screen is actually [1920, 1080]. Using actual size
18.0703 DEPRECATION Couldn’t find image Fractrals/Fractral25.png; check path? (tried: C:\Users\Zelal Sila\Desktop\DRLLearning\Fractrals\Fractral25.png)
2.3693 WARNING Monitor specification not found. Creating a temporary one…
File “C:\Users\Zelal Sila\Desktop\DRLLearning\exp1_lastrun.py”, line 362, in
B.setImage(image_bfile)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\image.py”, line 416, in setImage
setAttribute(self, ‘image’, value, log)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\tools\attributetools.py”, line 134, in setAttribute
setattr(self, attrib, value)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\tools\attributetools.py”, line 27, in set
newValue = self.func(obj, value)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\image.py”, line 382, in image
self.isLumImage = self._createTexture(
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\basevisual.py”, line 1022, in _createTexture
raise IOError(msg % (tex, os.path.abspath(tex)))
OSError: Couldn’t find image Fractrals/Fractral25.png; check path? (tried: C:\Users\Zelal Sila\Desktop\DRLLearning\Fractrals\Fractral25.png)
################ Experiment ended with exit code 1 [pid:24980] #################
2135.4759 EXP Imported ExpBlock1.xlsx as conditions, 31 conditions, 7 params
2135.4778 INFO Loaded monitor calibration from [‘2023_01_12 18:45’]

I would recommend that you run your experiment from a folder in Documents not the Desktop.

Please could you confirm that you have a folder called Fractrals in your experiment folder containing Fractrals25.png?

Thank you for getting back to me, yes I do have that file in that folder.

I will try now.

Best wishes

May I please send you the folder as it still did not work. I would be grateful if you wouldnt mind taking a look.

Best wishes

DRLLearning.zip (4.4 MB)

Your images seem to have a double .png.png extension.

Hello,

in addition, you set image A and image B to constant but I assume that you want to have it set to set every repeat. Furthermore, in some rows there is no file-name given for image_a, image_b, B_Boader and A_Boader. In these instances, PsychoPy will try to load a file but since there is no filename, it will most likely crash.

Best wishes Jens

Hello,

I renamed them after this error kept appearing in an attempt to resolve it. I had originally set it to every repeate and this error still occurred. Thank you

Thank you.

How is it possible to command that the boarder sometimes appears around image and image b? without using the excel file?

Thank you

Hello,

in case that you do not want to border to be presented, simply use an empty image-file or an image-file that has the same colour as your background.

Best wishes Jens

Thank you. Now the task is running however my stimuli does not appear on appear on screen. Could it be an issue with the size of the png files or the size set up on the builder?

Hello
DRLLearning.zip (4.4 MB)

Please may you check the file to see why it is not working?

I did took all of the recommended steps

Fractrals/Fractral25.png; check path? (tried: C:\Users\Zelal Sila\Desktop\DRLLearning\Fractrals\Fractral25.png)

Could it suimply be that the / needs to be a \ since I only see this difference ?

No, that shouldn’t be the issue. \ only works offline. / works offline and online

Thank you still not working.
I created an images folder. I changed Excel varaible names. For some reason I keep getting a message saying that imageafile cannot be defined.
conditions.xlsx (10.5 KB)
experiment.psyexp (16.0 KB)

In your image component you have $imageafile
In your spreadsheet I think you have imagea_file