Analyzing the csv File

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

Win10
PsychoPy version. 1.84.
Standard Standalone

I am a newbie trying (learning) to analize the data, but once i open the csv file in Excell, all the information appears in the first column separated by commas. I saw pictures where all the columns appears independently, i have no idea how to solve this lol.

Thanks for your time!

Hello,

this is due to the fact that “your” Excel does not use commas to separate columns. Taken from a Microsoft support page (Import or export text (.txt or .csv) files - Microsoft Support)

When Excel opens a .csv file, it uses the current default data format settings to interpret how to import each column of data. If you want more flexibility in converting columns to different data formats, you can use the Import Text Wizard. For example, the format of a data column in the .csv file may be MDY, but Excel’s default data format is YMD, or you want to convert a column of numbers that contains leading zeros to text so you can preserve the leading zeros. To force Excel to run the Import Text Wizard, you can change the file name extension from .csv to .txt before you open it, or you can import a text file by connecting to it (for more information, see the following section).

BTW, I would not use Excel for data analysis. It is too much work, not reproducible, no error control aso. Learn a proper statistics software.

Best wishes Jens