403 Forbitten - Unhandled internal error

URL of experiment: https://run.pavlovia.org/Mark/test1

Description of the problem:
Tried to run a simple test screen online for a few seconds (presenting the word text for 2 sec online, nothing more)
Upload of files to Pavlovia works (“Success”). When I tried to run the experiment I got the 403 error message.
When I tried to change the duration to 4 seconds an error message appeared (see below). To solve the problem, I updated my
PsychoPy version from 2021.1.4 to the latest version and restarted my PC. I also tried to inactivate and again pilot
my experiment on Pavlovia, as often suggested, additionally, an other online experiment which was working several months ago
does not work any longer online (no problems with the experiments offline).

Thank you very much!
Here is the error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1350, in onPavloviaSync
retVal = pavlovia_ui.syncProject(parent=self, project=self.project)
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 538, in syncProject
infoStream=syncFrame)
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\functions.py”, line 119, in showCommitDialog
project.commit(commitMsg)
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 967, in commit
self.repo.git.commit(’-m’, message)
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 548, in
return lambda *args, **kwargs: self._call_process(name, *args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 1014, in _call_process
return self.execute(call, **exec_kwargs)
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 825, in execute
raise GitCommandError(command, status, stderr_value, stdout_value)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd(‘C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\MinGit\cmd\git.exe’) failed due to: exit code(1)
cmdline: C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\MinGit\cmd\git.exe commit -m c
stdout: 'On branch master
Changes not staged for commit:
modified: T1-legacy-browsers.js
modified: T1.js

Untracked files:
data/
index.html

no changes added to commit’

Here is the error message:
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1350, in onPavloviaSync
retVal = pavlovia_ui.syncProject(parent=self, project=self.project)
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 538, in syncProject
infoStream=syncFrame)
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\functions.py”, line 119, in showCommitDialog
project.commit(commitMsg)
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 967, in commit
self.repo.git.commit(’-m’, message)
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 548, in
return lambda *args, **kwargs: self._call_process(name, *args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 1014, in _call_process
return self.execute(call, **exec_kwargs)
File “C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 825, in execute
raise GitCommandError(command, status, stderr_value, stdout_value)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd(‘C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\MinGit\cmd\git.exe’) failed due to: exit code(1)
cmdline: C:\Users\c720194\AppData\Local\PsychoPy\MinGit\cmd\git.exe commit -m c
stdout: 'On branch master
Changes not staged for commit:
modified: T1-legacy-browsers.js
modified: T1.js

Untracked files:
data/
index.html

no changes added to commit’

I’m having a similar issue. I created a new experiment using a previous template (which still works on Pavlovia), and most of the routines are the same. I only changed the .csv loops to have more conditions but I suspect the problem isn’t because of that.

I tried uploading it to Pavlovia and it gave me a similar error message:

File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/app/pavlovia_ui/menu.py”, line 129, in onNew
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/app/pavlovia_ui/project.py”, line 513, in syncProject
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/app/pavlovia_ui/functions.py”, line 119, in showCommitDialog
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 967, in commit
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/git/cmd.py”, line 548, in
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/git/cmd.py”, line 1014, in _call_process
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/git/cmd.py”, line 825, in execute
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd(‘/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/git-core/git’) failed due to: exit code(1)
cmdline: /Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/git-core/git commit -m Test
stdout: ‘On branch master
Untracked files:
-12.png
-15.png
-3.png
-6.png
-9.png
0.png
12.png
15.png
3.png
6.png
9.png
C1.png
C2.png
C3.png
C4.png
C5.png
C6.png
C7.png
C8.png
Exp3Stim.csv
Exp3_A-legacy-browsers.js
Exp3_A.js
Exp3_A.psyexp
Exp3_A_lastrun.py
Experiment 3_lastrun.py
Instructions.csv
O.png
P1.jpeg
P10.jpeg
P2.jpeg
P3.jpeg
P4.jpeg
P5.jpeg
P6.jpeg
P7.jpeg
P8.jpeg
P9.jpeg
S1.csv
S10.csv
S11.csv
S12.csv
S2.csv
S3.csv
S4.csv
S5.csv
S6.csv
S7.csv
S8.csv
S9.csv
SS1.jpeg
SS2.jpeg
Set_A.csv
Set_B.csv
Set_C.csv
bank-1300155_640.png
break.jpeg
data/
exp_end.jpeg
index.html
prac.csv
readme.md
start_screen_pages.csv

nothing added to commit but untracked files present’

It would appear that I am unable to push any files onto Pavlovia, including the experiment itself. I’ve never had this issue before so I’m not sure where the problem is.

Would really appreciate any input on this.

Thanks in advance!

Pavlovia syncing works via Git, which is a system for tracking changes to a folder. When you click sync, it look in the “Project Root” folder for files which have changed and sends those changes to Pavlovia. Those “untracked files” are files which, somehow, the project has been set up to ignore. If you set your file browser app (Finder on Mac, Explorer on Windows) to show hidden files, you’ll be able to see a folder called .git in the project root folder - within that should be a file called .gitignore. If you open that in your preferred text editor, what does it say?