403 Forbidden error - Failed to load resource

Hi everyone,

I am getting 403 Forbidden error for an experiment which used to run without an issue: “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()”
I tried: changing the experiment to inactive and running it again; deleting the experiment and pushing it again; updating Psychopy version to 2022.2.4, converting the images from .bmp to .jpg. Nothing helps. Do you have any ideas why this happens?

Pavlovia gives a 403 error, UNLESS it’s entirely happy. You must either have a site license for Pavlovia, OR have assigned tokens to your experiment, AND set mode to RUNNING.
If you experiment is in RUNNING mode then you won’t get the 403 error (unless Pavlovia can’t keep up with traffic at the moment). You can monitor all of this on the Pavlovia page for your experiment.

I have an active licence for Pavlovia and the mode is set to Running.
When I get the 403 error on Pavlovia, developer tools show the following error: “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()”
I tried using different version of Psychopy and the error persists. Is it possible that something is wrong with the server?

Run JS for local debug revealed this error:
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘settings’

I searched for solution of this error on this forum and found it. However; it did not help. I searched for potential errors in my experiment and deleted one component after another to understand where it breaks, but it did not help - I always get the same 403 error on Pavlovia.

Update: 1) I deleted old code components from previous experiments, 2) switched to Invactive and than Running mode again and it helped.