Workshop tickets available! (US timezone)

Hi There,

We have some spaces available for our upcoming session next week! Please see below for details on training events:

3-day workshops Our next set of 3-day workshops are scheduled for May 19th-21st (Eastern Standard time) You can register here Pavlovia and find out more info here Creating Experiments in PsychoPy (3 days) — Workshops for PsychoPy 2020 2020

Department workshops: If you would like a department workshop or something more tailored please contact workshops@opensciencetools.org

I hope to e-meet you at one of our sessions,

Becca

(On behalf of the psychopy team)

Any discounts for PhD students?

Hi There! Unfortunately we do not offer discounted options for our 3-day intense workshops at the moment - sorry about that but here is some background info on why.

Hi Becca,

I’m a student @ university of Nottingham, I tried to register via Pavlovia, but the register button appear grey although I have checked that I completed all the required information.

‫في الاثنين، 10 مايو 2021 في 11:46 ص تمت كتابة ما يلي بواسطة ‪Rebecca Hirst via PsychoPy‬‏ <‪psychopy@discoursemail.com‬‏>:‬

Hi @Ghoza_Elottee - thanks for flagging - I will check this out and get back to you - are you able to send me your email address privately and I will get in touch.

Becca

Hi becca,

Thank you for your reply. I’ve just checked it again. I can see that the register button is now a clickable blue button, however when I clicked it, it doesn’t proceed me to the next page, like a confirmation page or so, so I’m not sure if I’m registered or not.

Hi @Ghoza_Elottee - I haven’t received a confirmation of your sign up (did it let you pay?) do you want to email me at workshops@opensciencetools.org and we will get your registration processed :slight_smile:

Hi @Becca. It didn’t actually let me pay. Sure I’ll email you.

Hi Becca,
I am Elisa Castaldi and I have already followed your workshop, which was very useful, but I have been encountering problems when trying to code my own program (a simple numerosity estimation task).
You have already kindly offered help for free by replying to one of my emails, but there are still problems and the psychopy forum is not very helpful.
I can read from this email that you also offer something ‘more tailored’ and I was wondering if this means offering support to researchers to develop a specific program.
It would be very useful for our group to have that one program working, as our experiments are often very similar in their core.
Is it possible to have your or your colleagues’ assistance to make it work? How much would that cost approximately?
Thanks in advance
Elisa

Hi Elisa,

Sorry to hear that you haven’t found the support you need on the forum! We do offer consultancy to help with task creation and debugging. Please can you email us with details of your task to consultancy@opensciencetools.org and we can pick that up there to scope out how we can help.

Thanks!
Becca