Word Naming Demo did not work

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): MacOS Mojave
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2020.2.3
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: yes
**What are you trying to achieve?: I want to record reaction time and the response in a picture naming task. Basically, what the participants said when they see a picture, and the time it took them to respond. I saw the word naming demo, but I couldn’t even get the word naming demo to work on my Mac. I want to use the built-in Mic on my MacBook.

**What did you try to make it work?:I tried to change the audio library and device setting, but it did not help.

**What specifically went wrong when you tried that?: Specifically, the demo ran and it looks like the responses were created in the data folder. However, all the recordings are all empty, and response times were not detected either (all showing 0 RT).

I wonder, if it is related to my audio library and device setting, and if so, how should I set it up?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Hi There,

Unfortunately there are known issues with the mic demo on mac at the moment that still need to be resolved. Microphone component not working- help

Sorry that we can’t provide a clearer solution at the moment but it is something we are aware of and will work on.
Becca

I see, thanks for the information!

A follow-up question, if I make a program via windows computers, and upload it to Pavlovia, would participants who have mac be able to complete the program? Thanks!

Yes, they should be able to no problem.

The only issues you may want to look out for is if you only pilot it in one browser (i.e. chrome) and then you user tries a different browser (i.e. safari). I would recommend trying your task in several browsers before rolling it out for data collection.

Thanks,
Becca :slight_smile:

Thanks Becca! Even with the mic input?