Microphone input not working on Windows and Mac OS on simple naming experiment

Dear all,

I cannot record audio from the microphone using the builder. Audio files can be generated, and the length is what I set to be, but the audio file is completely blank. I’ve tried several things. I’ve set audio library to [‘pyo’, ‘sounddevice’, ‘pygame’, ]. I’ve set the audio driver to [‘directsound’, ‘portaudio’, ]. Before I did these, all .wav files I got are 0 sec long, and are 44 bytes. Now it seems to be improved (I can make 2 sec recordings, for example), but the audio files are blank. I’ve also tried it on Windows 7, where I still get 44 byte files. I am using 3.1.4 on both computers.

Thank you so much!

PsychoPy version : 3.1.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: y
**What are you trying to achieve?: make recordings

**What did you try to make it work?: updating to the latest Psychopy, changing audio library and audio driver.

**What specifically went wrong when you tried that?: On Windows I got 44 byte long wav files. On Mac OS I got wav files of designated length, but there is no sound at all (always 0).

yo version 0.8.8 (uses single precision)
Unknown audio type. Using Portaudio
11.5540 WARNING User requested fullscreen with size [1024 768], but screen is actually [2048, 1152]. Using actual size
2019-07-11 19:46:31.965 python[8119:701949] ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to (null)