psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

When looping through the images in the condition files the error: "The argument is not an image" appears

Description of the problem:
In this experiment, I have 2 ways of displaying the Image stimuli. The first is through indicating the path in the Image properties and this works. The second is looping and displaying the Images from the Condition file. I had 3 columns in this file: “Images” with the path, “CorrAns” and some others. Everything worked in the Builder but when I tried to run it in Pavlovia the following error displayed:

I thought the reason was that Pavlovia could not separate the columns correctly. So I changed the Conditions file and left just one column with the Images paths. But the error did not disappear:

I don’t understand what is the problem I would be happy to see some advice. I’m a noob in programming, so I would appreciate some simplistic explanation. Thank you!

Excel files seem to work better than csv online

I don’t think ! is a valid character for a filename online.

The condition file is the Excel file. I have deleted the ! everywhere but it didn’t solve the issue.

Hi There,

Looking at your files I think there are still some stray ! characters. Some tips to help.

  1. you can use this script to remove the illegal characters from your filenames (open in psychopy coder and just run)
    file-extension-fix.py (650 Bytes)
  2. Make sure to also remove the exclamations from the excel file (I did find replace and I think there were 5 stray ones)
  3. in the experiment settings > online tab make sure to reload all the images in the “additional resources” section with the new file names.

After this if you encounter resource errors it will most likely be that a filename is listed in the excel sheet that does not exist in the “additional resources” section.

Hope this helps,
Becca