Vibrating stimuli

URL of experiment:

Description of the problem:
Hi,

I have programmed a short task which presents an image file along with vibration. I am specifically trying to assign the vibration to take effect and commence when clicking on the stimulus.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks

Hello,
What device do you want to vibrate?
Is it a tablet, phone, or external device connected to the computer?

Did you take a look at this post?

Thanks,
Chen

Hi Chen

Thank you.

I using my andriod phone, but it will be used for tablets.

I have already included vibrations in my task. So that is not the issue. I am trying to assign the vibrations to be assigned to a visual object and double clicking the image should stop the vibrations and record it as response to move onto the next trial.

I am trying ways to achieve this by assigning the vibrations to mouse.Click function.

Thanks

Please could you show the code you’ve tried?

Recording a double click is tricky in PsychoPy. You would need to record the time of a mouse button pressed, then note it being not pressed and pressed again within a given time frame. It would be much easier to vibrate on hover and then stop on a click.

Hello,

Thank you for replying. I have attached the folder containing the experiment. Is this helpful?
fun.zip (3.5 MB)

I also tried something else, but that did not work.

Would you need to create a slider function to create the hovering effect?

I use if objectName.contains(mouse) in a code component. I haven’t downloaded your zip file, so I haven’t seen what you’ve tried.