Using "Custom Rate Values" to code for Reverse Questions

Hi,
I am teaching Pavlovia Surveys as part of my research methods course (so far a really positive experience apart from the issue below):

When students code for a reverse question, I ask them to use the “Custom rate values” option and reverse the code as follows:
such that “5” would be replaced by “1”, “4” by “2”, 2 by 4, and 1 by 5.

However, when I do this, pavlovia prompts me for a unique value:

and even when I try to force this coding through and it appears fine, when I return to the question later it looks like this(ie two values are replaced but the other two remain as they were):

This is not only irksome for independent researchers but particularly inconvenient for undergradate students who often don’t have the time to check back.

Is there a fix, or alternative that doesn’t cause these issues?

Thanks!
Ryan

Click on this icon when editing the values.

The format is

1|Strongly disagree
2|Somewhat disagree

etc

Thanks - I don’t think that works for other situations though. For example, let’s say we’ve used default numbering 1-5 as follows:

If we click the edit button, it’s not ideal because we have to add our own separators:

Maybe the pavlovia team could work on making this more user-friendly in future versions so that it’s similar to Qualtrics?

Thanks,
Ryan

I could create some sample lists that could be copy pasted, but I usually just add them or search and replace a tab from pasting from Excel to a text editor.