Using auditory stimuli for an adaptive verbal WM task

Hi Everyone,

PsychoPy 3.1

I’m trying to build an adaptive verbal WM test in Psychopy to no avail. I’ve used the demo code for the spatial span and created a backwards version but can’t seem to adapt the code to work with auditory stimuli. The aim is to have it work in the same way as the spatial span where the sequence length increases by 1 each time the participant makes a correct response and decrease the span length by 1 if the participant make 2 incorrect responses at a particular span. It’s set up at the minute so participants can type their responses and it be visible on the screen. I’ve previously had it working but only with single words, with the spans never getting any longer or shorter. I’m not sure what change I’ve made that means I now get a wordIndex index error.

Here is the additional code chunk I’m using that’s adapted from the spatial span task:

The error message that I am currently getting is currWordName = sequence[wordIndex]
IndexError: list index out of range

I’ve also added the conditions file for reference verbalConditions.xlsx (10.6 KB)

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated!