psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Uploading issue

Hi there, I’m currently making an experiment for my dissertation and have encountered some problems in trying to upload it online. More specifically, when uploading the experiment this appears in a message box:

'Pushing files to PavloviaTraceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy3.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/app/pavlovia_ui/project.py”, line 470, in syncProject
File “/Applications/PsychoPy3.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 773, in firstPush
File “/Applications/PsychoPy3.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/git/cmd.py”, line 548, in
File “/Applications/PsychoPy3.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/git/cmd.py”, line 1014, in _call_process
File “/Applications/PsychoPy3.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/git/cmd.py”, line 825, in execute
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd(‘git’) failed due to: exit code(128)
cmdline: git push -u origin master
stderr: ‘fatal: could not read Username for ‘https://gitlab.pavlovia.org’: Device not configured’

Would anyone be able to tell me how I can get this to upload?

Thanks very much.

What version of Psychopy are you using? Do you have a Pavlovia account and are logged in in the app?

Hi there,

I have since managed to fix this (although how I did it isn’t clear) – thanks for your response nonetheless!