Trying to have psychopy take "/" as an input to start the experiment

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS El Capitain OSX
PsychoPy version 1.84
Standard Standalone? (y/n) yes
What are you trying to achieve?:
I am trying to have psychopy read the a “/” was pressed using the keyboard component so that the actual experiment can begin. This is an fMRI experiment and the machine sends this signal to the program to start it.

What did you try to make it work?:
I have tried to use the keyboard component and inputting “/” both like this and like this “forwardslash” and like this “forward slash”, but nothing works I just get a black screen.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
no errors, just an endless black screen.

Include pasted full error message if possible. “That didn’t work” is not enough information.
Here is a screenshot of the component. I know there is a start time of 1s but I had that at 0.0 before I was just seeing if changing the time would do anything, it did not.

Hey everyone I figured it out, the key is called ‘slash’

Glad you solved it. There is a little utility to find out the names like this. Its called what_key.py and lives in the Coder > Demos > input submenu. Its simple: You run it and press keys, such as / or , and it prints the name of that key, such as ‘slash’ or ‘escape’.

2 Likes