Trying to have PsychoPy keep track of values associated with selections

Hi all! I’m designing my first experiment in PsychoPy and I’m unsure how to get PsychoPy to keep track of certain values. In my experiment participants are shown images of two different values and they press 1 or 2 to select which one they want to chose. I am hoping to have PsychoPy associate pressing 1 or 2 with the amount that is shown in the image they select and keep track of the value selected for each individual trial across a total of 180 trials of doing this task. Additionally, one of the images represents a 75% chance of getting a higher value and a 25% of getting a lower value and I was hoping there was a way to have PsychoPy choose the value based on the percent chance, should they choose that option. I am not very proficient in actually coding in Python, but I have done some basic stuff if it is necessary to achieve all of this using the code feature of the builder. Any input is greatly appreciated!


Have a look at Peirce, J. W., Hirst, R. J. & MacAskill, M. R. (2022). Building Experiments in PsychoPy. 2nd Edn London: Sage. Your library might have it.

All the things you mention are possible in PsychoPy, but you are currently asking too much for a user-supported forum.

Best wishes Jens