Textbox Error in Version 2020.2.8

I have a task that runs in 2020.2.6 but not in 2020.2.8. The error appears to be coming from the textbox beta feature and produces:

Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to (null)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “file path/RS CODE_lastrun.py”, line 119, in
autoLog=True,
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/visual/textbox2/textbox2.py”, line 211, in init
self.text = text if text is not None else “”
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/tools/attributetools.py”, line 32, in set
newValue = self.func(obj, value)
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/visual/textbox2/textbox2.py”, line 293, in text
self._layout()
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/visual/textbox2/textbox2.py”, line 469, in _layout
self.glFont.upload()
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/visual/textbox2/fontmanager.py”, line 504, in upload
self.atlas.upload()
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/visual/textbox2/fontmanager.py”, line 301, in upload
gl.GL_ALPHA, gl.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, self.data)
ctypes.ArgumentError: argument 9: <class ‘TypeError’>: wrong type

I have the same problem. Can’t figure out how to solve this, error disappears when textbox is removed.

I am also having this issue, with the exact same error. I just updated from 2020.2.3 because I was having the problem re: editable text boxes that is described in this post: Editable TextBox: Continues to appear on subsequent routine (doesn't end in current Routine) and it was indicated in the thread that updating to the latest version of the Builder might solve the problem, but now I can’t run my task at all…

This issue is resolved in 2020.2.10!

1 Like

Thank you!