Editable textbox continues to appear

Hello everyone,

We are having trouble with an editable textbox in our routine “Manipulatiecheck”. We are using the latest version of Psychopy in the builder mode on a Windows 10 operating system. The textbox continues to appear on all the trials, even the ones before the one with the textbox. We have tried several ways of fixing it but none were succesfull. We tried running the experiment in Psychopy v2020-2.3 (experiment didn’t start) and Psychopy v2020-2.4 (problem not fixed). We tried adding a code component to the routine with the code: TextBox.setAutoDraw(False) . When added at the end of the routine the problem wasn’t solved, when added at the begin of the routine the experiment didn’t work. We tried to use a placeholder (a space) in the textbox, this didn’t fix it. We read the thread at Editable TextBox: Continues to appear on subsequent routine (doesn't end in current Routine) and used the files in it, yet no succes. We edited the routine in this thread to match our needs (one textbox that didn’t repeat itself) and the problem continued to exist. We also watched some videos at Youtube, but none seemed to solve our problems.We are very new to Psychopy and coding, but trying very hard to make it work.

Thanks for the responses, they are much appreciated.

Strooptest.psyexp (47.9 KB)

Hello Jirka,

do you mind posting a stripped down version of your experiment? Just, the routine which causes the problem? Your experiment chrashes on my computer because of an unnamed color space.

Best Jens

Hello Jens,

I hope this will work.
Question.psyexp (11.7 KB)

Thanks for trying to help!

Hello Jirka,

there is something wrong with the new TextBox which I am unable to resolve. Sorry, just to mention two things which are not related to your problem. If you want to run the experiment online, it is not adviced to define a montior for the expeiment and not to use deg but rather norm or height, see here.

Best Jens

Hello Jens,

No problem, thanks for trying.
Thank you for the advice, we were not planning on running this experiment online. However, maybe we will run something online later, so your advice is certainly usefull for the future.

Best Jirka

This is something which popped up a lot in 2020.2.4, it’s fixed in the latest version but there’s another problem with the textbox, so once 2020.2.10 is out (in the next few days) try installing that and giving this another go, if it still won’t work then I’ll keep at it trying to squash this bug